Flint Repertory Theatre is seeking a Props Designer/Production Assistant for our 2019/2020 season.
Create a properties list and build, purchase and modify props needed for the production. Provide rehearsal props, as determined by the Stage Manager and Director. Coordinate with and the Technical Director regarding purchasing and construction needs for props, within the determined budget. Report expenditures to Technical Director on a daily basis. Attend all production meetings and technical and dress rehearsals. Coordinate with Stage Manager to arrange the set-up of props tables before technical rehearsals begin. Assist Company members with questions or needs related to props. Provide backstage assistance during all performances. Maintain props during the run of the production. Set and reset all props before and after performances, respectively, in coordination with the Stage Manager. Assist Technical Director in production strike after the close of each show.
Previous props experience required. An organized yet flexible approach and calm under pressure. Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team and under your own initiative. Ability to be creative and resourceful in problem solving.
This is a part-time/contractual position. Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Stephanie Ramirez, Production Administrative Director, at sramirez@FlintRep.org. Review of applications will begin on or before September 25, 2019.
2019/2020 Production Dates:
• Technical and Dress Rehearsals – October 26-31, 2019
• Performances – November 1-10, 2019
• Strike – November 11 & 12, 2019
Into the Woods
• Technical and Dress Rehearsals – November 30-December 5, 2019
• Performances – December 6-15, 2019
• Strike – December 16 & 17, 2019
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
• Technical and Dress Rehearsals – March 7-12, 2020
• Performances – March 13-22, 2020
• Strike – March 23 & 24, 2020
The Magnificent Seven
• Technical and Dress Rehearsals – April 25-30, 2020
• Performances – May 1-10, 2020
• Strike – May 11 & 12, 2020